Friday, March 11, 2011

Our First Card Swap Event

I'm sorry friends, I hope you're still stopping by to visit us... 
I hadn't realized how long it's been, since I last posted anything.
Total slacker, lol :)
Thank goodness we had our card swap last night, 
and my friend and up-line Erlinda reminded me of the time lapse.
IT'S BEEN 3WEEKS, since our last post......YIKES!
Anyway, today I thought I'd share some of the beautiful cards we made
 at our very first card swap.
If you live in Las Vegas, Nevada, please stop in and join us,
We'll be meeting the second Thursday of each month.
You can check out our class and crop schedules on our meetup group.

This month's theme was Birthday Cards. 
Sylvia Rivera
My cousin Sylvia always makes me laugh, she's so funny.
Since this was our first card swap we had no idea of what to expect...
When it came time to put out our cards, she hesitated and said:
"I'm embarrassed, look at all these beautiful cards, mine is ugly!
Really Cousin?
LOL, it's really cute, we all loved it. She's so silly.  
Mary Halford
Mary made this super cute birthday card using the Fox & Friends stamp set #118565
 and the "So Happy for You stamp set  (#123220) currently offered in our Sale-A-Bration caddy.
Don't you just love the primary colors she used, it's the perfect child's birthday card!  
Check out Mary's Stampin Up! website

I wasn't surprised to see this gorgeous card,
after all the talented Cecy Garcia of Super Kute Kreations made it!
Check out her blog she has awesome ideas!
 Later I'll post pictures of Cecy's upcoming Spring Fling Class,
it's a beautiful two page Easter layout.

Emilia Quintanilla
I absolutely love the card my cousin Emilia made!
She used one of my favorite stamp sets! AND Love the colors!!
Crazy for Cupcakes #111618

www.stampinwitheerlinda.blogspot.com
Erlinda Ramirez
I wish you could see this card in person,
the camera doesn't give it the justice it deserves. 
It's absolutely Gorgeous and very Elegant.
I'm so very blessed to have such a talented up-line.
Check out Erlinda's blog, she has so many great ideas.
(and she's better at posting than me, lol :)  
Sara Ruano
My friend Gaby, as I like to call her, just started making cards,
didn't she do an awesome job! Love it! 
Marianne "Annie" Tandle
Annie and I both own Kreation Korner and both sell Stampin Up!
We're always looking for cute ideas to case and teach.
 Annie learned this technique on Valita's Fresh Folds, it's really cute,
but probably more suited for the advanced scrappers :)
You won't be able to resist trying to make this one.
 In the next few pictures, you'll see the inside. It's SO cute!
If you love the card, and want to see the step by step instructions
 go to Valita's blog, she is really awesome you should check out her videos..... 
This is the inside, floating balloons!

This is the card laying flat and open!
Cute, Right?
\
Mela Johnson
Mela made this card so easy, each piece was pre-cut and pre-glittered!
Love, love the time we saved on this one.
 Mela is one of the most talented artist I know.
She can spruce up any card or page layout in minutes...I've seen it, it's crazy!
Last, it's me! Vicky Lopez
I cased this cute card from Gretchen Barron, she is one of my favorite SU! Demonstrators,
she's got the most professional looking projects, check out her blog. http://gretchenbarron.typepad.com/ 
What I love about Gretchen's blog, is she's so giving. Most of her tutorials are free!

Have a great day, stop by and visit us again, I promise to update more often :)
I'll be posting our Owl Class projects next...stay tuned....
Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...